Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It's Automatic

Many call us the microwave generation. The children of today are considered, those born in the age of technology. Everything runs fast and, seemingly all the know-how you could ever need is just a “Google” away. If you know someone who still have dial up internet or a land-line communication device (telephone- LOL), these days that’s pretty much prehistoric. There are so many devices and conveniences in our day and age, it interests…me what will be next. I was recently eating lunch with my family and went into the restroom before eating. When I rose from the toilet, it flushed…automatically. When I approached the sink I placed my hand under the soap dispenser and soap landed on my palm…automatically. Once I had soap I only needed to place my hand under the facet and guess what…the water came out…automatically! Of course this is the norm but on this particular day it made me think. Of all the things in life that are automatic, how often do we recognize that, that’s how God’s forgiveness and grace work as well? The water in the sink didn’t question me about how dirty my hands were; a toilet doesn’t refuse to flush based on what was dumped into it. When you step on an automatic door, you don’t stop to survey whether or not the door will allow you to enter based on your past. Let us remember that when it comes to God’s grace. Christ was crucified and raised from the dead for the very reason of offering automatic forgiveness. All we need to do is ask. Now if I approach a sink knowing water will come out but I never stretch out my hand to receive the water what will I get? Nothing. Likewise, you can’t expect forgiveness, or change in your life if you do nothing. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, as simple as that. It’s automatic. Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy. It really is as simple as you explained it.

    ReplyDelete